Purpose of the Job
To support the General Manager Secretariat with regard to the provision of secretariat, administrative and advisory support services to Council structures in line with best governance standards and other legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Provide strategic support to the Office of the GM Secretariat.
- Provide effective and efficient secretariat, administrative and advisory support services to Council within the prescribed timelines.
- Prepare meeting notices, agenda, and meeting packs within the prescribed timelines.
- Attend meetings to record and take minutes and prepare the action list thereafter.
- Collate and make follow up on reports, submissions, and meeting documentations for compilation of meeting packs.
- Arrange for delivery of meeting packs and ensure timely distribution of meeting packs to the members.
- Book the meeting venue, catering and assist with travel arrangements for the members.
- Management of documents, record keeping and ensuring that such documents are readily available.
- Ensuring that all approved minutes are signed by the Chairperson and stored safe thereafter.
- Maintain minute books and other statutory registers in accordance with legal requirements and best governance practices.
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly payments for Councillors in line with attendance registers and budget.
- Keep abreast and monitor the legislative developments, governance standards and advice Council structures on the developments.
- Assist with compilation of departmental business plan and budget and also assist with monitoring of departmental budget.
- Maintain minute books and other statutory documents in accordance with Document Management Systems and legal requirements.
- Maintain continuity across the organisation by documenting and communicating actions, resolutions of meetings and meeting requirements.
- Ensure that the Terms of Reference, Charters, and the Governance Frameworks are reviewed annually.
- Compile the Annual Work Plans, Councillors’ Development Plan, and the arrangement of new Councillors induction.
- Develop annual calendar for the year’s meetings and communicating it to stakeholders to ensure planning and attendance achieve quorum.
- Ensure that decisions and instructions are clearly communicated to relevant persons and that decisions/instructions are followed up and that progress is appropriately communicated.
- Maintain proper stakeholder relationships with all stakeholders (internal & external stakeholders).
- Performing ad hoc duties as required from time to time.
REMUNERATION GRADE: C3
Job Requirements and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of VIP System; SAP System and MS Office package
- Knowledge of Labour legislations including the POPI Act, Archives act, OHS
- Ensure that all documentation are on file and ensure that information is easily retrievable from the files.
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders with very strong and diverse views
- Time Management
- Patience and good listener
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer orientated attitude
- Planning and organising skills
- Integrity, Honesty
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric Qualification with Diploma/ Degree in Public Administration, Law, CIS or equivalent qualification within Secretariat focus
- Knowledge of Filing documents and Record Keeping
- 3+ years relevant experience in company Secretariat environment
- Experience within a bargaining council would be advantageous.
- Willingness to work irregular hours or as and when require
- Understanding of all statutory and legal requirements applicable to Council
- Understanding of Council board and Committee dynamics High level minute taking capabilities
It is the Council’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the EE Plan, first preference will be given to African Females/ African Males.
All applications accompanied by comprehensive word format CV’s must be forwarded/uploaded on the website to the NBCRFLI Human Resources department before the closing date.
Note: If you have not heard from us 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.