To perform allocated payroll functions, ensure the accurate calculation & preparation of all salary related inputs, validation and accurate processing of payroll information, generate payments to third parties, and preparation of monthly payroll reconciliations.
Main Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Accurately calculate and prepare all salary related information for payroll processing for the relevant period.
- Accurate process all salary related information on the SAGE People Payroll system.
- Resolve all salary related enquiries from employees and third parties.
- Prepare, validate and ensure the accuracy of Group Life and Post-Retirement Medical Aid information for actuarial valuation purposes.
- Prepare and reconcile third party payments to the payroll on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile all payroll related general ledger control accounts including explanations for reconciling items.
- Prepare year-end external audit working papers for directors and executive remuneration, provisions and disability accruals.
- Prepare, validate and ensure the accuracy of statutory submissions for Stats SA.
- Comply with relevant taxation, Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA) and other legislation including policies and procedures of the SABN.
The Preferred candidate is likely to have:
- Grade 12 with Accounting and Mathematics
- Post-school Payroll qualification
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in HR administrative / Payroll environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Payroll/ Administration
- ERP System
- Relevant taxation, BCEA and other related legislation
- Basic Accounting
- Payroll related policies, procedure and processes
- Microsoft Office Suite
Internal applicants should apply on the SABN careers portal on the intranet by uploading detailed CV’s and copies of qualifications. External applicants should apply on Careers24 website by uploading detailed CV’s, ID copy, copies of qualifications and recent pay slip. No applications will be considered if the supporting documents are not submitted.
The personal information that is collected and processed for recruitment purposes will not be utilised for any other purpose. You can read more on how we process your personal information in the South African Reserve Bank Privacy Notice. You absolve the SABN for any liability whatsoever, and howsoever arising from the providing of information.
SABN is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SABN and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups. No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements. Please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
Should you not hear from us within 10 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. SABN reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Prospective applicants must be willing to undergo a series of assessments and security clearance process as prescribed by the National Key Point Act.