|A career opportunity exists for the right candidate in Richmond – Pre Analytical|
Reference No: 692856
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Intern Admin Clerk/Receptionist. This is a Permanent position based at Richmond – Pre Analytical.
|Administers the receiving, capturing and distribution of all samples to ensure correct information is obtained and recorded and to facilitate the speedy processing of samples in terms of service objectives.|
|Minimum Criteria Required:|
Bsc Degree Advantageous
|0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience|
|Relevant Job Knowledge:|
Laboratory information systems
Organisational policy procedures
|Key Performance Areas:|
|• Administers sorting and distribution of samples according to set standard operating procedures to ensure the correct and prioritised channelling of specimens to various laboratories/ sites.
• Processes sample registration (“logging”) and queries according to set standard operating procedures.
• Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turnaround time.
• Performs hospital rounds to distribute reports and collect submitted samples for processing in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
• Handles and refers administrative queries and customer complaints to ensure timely resolution of queries and responses to complaints.
• Responsible to track progress of sample delivery by couriers to ensure that specimens are received by the designated laboratory, processed and results returned timeously and in compliance with set standard operating procedures.
• Investigates bottleneck in pre-analytical laboratory processes and ensure timely resolution of challenges.
• Ensures basic housekeeping in own working area, including suitable cleaning and preparation of equipment according to set standard operating procedures.
• Monitors stock levels and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times and ensure delivery of stock to the doctor’s rooms.
• Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with medical professionals and staff.
• Management of the reception area and give out relevant information and direct clients to relevant departments while offering excellent customer service.
• Receives cash from patients and ensures banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
• Reports incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solution, reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
• Responsible for adhering to Lancet uniform protocols as set standard operating procedures.
|Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
Ability to work in a pressured environment
Ability to work as part of a team
Adherence to company dress code
Attention To Detail
Confidentiality / Sensitivity
|Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level.|
|Covid -19 Vaccination Requirements:|
|Lancet Labs is committed to providing a safe working environment for employees, patients, clients, visitors and members of the public with whom we interact regularly. We believe that vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and spread of COVID-19 cases in the workplace and is the key element in a multi layered approach to protect staff. All applicants will need to provide a valid certificate of full vaccination status and agrees to booster vaccinations, as the country’s vaccination policy changes, with the possibility of additional booster shots if required. Lancet Laboratories reserves the right to apply its vaccination policy when screening applications.|
|Closing date: 10 March 2022