Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, ZA
Company: Capitec Bank Ltd
- To provide subject matter expertise towards enhancing credit profit optimization, with specific focus on the Access Facility, in order to optimise Capitec Bank’s return on equity.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Financial / Retail / Banking environment, of which:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in credit risk analytics with experience in facilities and term loan products.
- Proven experience in development of credit risk models e.g., profit models, scorecards, propensity.
- Proven track record on using SQL, SAS, R or Python.
- Experience in credit pricing and profitability.
- Analytical experience on any credit portfolio.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in credit risk analytics in retail banking.
- Experience in retail credit pricing and profitability modelling.
- Experience in retail credit granting/origination.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or Statistics
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- A relevant post graduate degree in Mathematics or Statistics
- Quantitative credit analytics
- Credit product profitability
- Advanced statistical analysis
- Advanced financial mathematics and data mining techniques
- Financial and business acumen
- Retail Credit Environment and credit life cycle
- Knowledge of Capitec’s Credit Policy
- General understanding of the Banks Act Capital Regulations, National Credit Act and the implication for Capitec business and the Credit Bureau.
- Credit industry knowledge
- Knowledge of data structures and systems
- Activity Based Costing (ABC) methodology and application
- Bank governance experience (ALCO, RiskCo, Credit Committee, etc)
- Credit origination systems and processes
- Strong data skills and understanding of different programming languages
- Communications Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Presentation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Persuading and Influencing
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Learning and Researching
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals