Inclusive, supportive and innovative – come and be part of our bright future at Venetia! South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine is currently being developed underground. This opportunity allows you to be part of one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country.
The C & I Senior Technician is responsible and accountable for the effective and efficient running of the respective Control & Instrumentation equipment and systems in his or her area of responsibility. The purpose is to provide a reliable, total C & I engineering service in support of all activities which contribute to the growth and profitability of De Beers. The roles will be based between C& I Shafts and Surface/ Urgent Work.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To perform technical C&I related engineering activities in the operation/ project/ division, providing an integrated and effective engineering service ensuring the achievement of departmental objectives and provision of technical guidance to other departments.
- Demonstrates safety leadership, sustainable development and Anglo American values.
- Performs engineering processes safely, efficiently and cost effectively to meet short term and long-term production objectives.
- Ensures compliance with all legal, environmental, occupational health and safety and risk management standards and best practices.
- Assists in the development, mentoring and motivation of effective technical team members.
- Maintains strong relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Contributes to continuous improvement and asset optimisation initiatives for engineering processes.
- To provide a reliable, total C&I engineering service in support of all activities which contribute to the growth and profitability of De Beers.
- Participates with cohesiveness by ensuring technical co-ordination across the discipline/ sections
- Interprets the requirements of the C&I section, taking cognisance of the Best Practice directives/ criteria (C&I and Asset Management), develops appropriate systems to ensure achievement of targets
- Develops appropriate C&I engineering, maintenance and project systems to support the strategic plan and meet objectives and targets.
- Optimises performance of equipment by monitoring the effectiveness and making corrective recommendations.
- Effects the implementation of new C & I equipment and systems, taking cognisance of company specifications and standards.
- Performing detail design, device programming, configuration and calibration on equipment.
- Commissioning and installation of equipment (C&I, mechanical, electrical, communications).
- Performing repairs, installations and any work required to set up, align or otherwise prepare for operation, all electronic and instrumentation equipment/systems in area of responsibility.
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering – Light Current and 5 years relevant industrial experience. Registered or eligible to be registered as a Technician with the Engineering Council of South Africa OR
- N6 in the field of Electrical / Electronic Engineering Light Current with an Instrumentation Mechanician Trade Certificate with 5 years relevant industrial experience Experience Required:
- 5 years’ experience in the C&I field.
- Must have been exposed and knowledgeable on relevant equipment and systems in the Fixed Plant environment. E.g. Bulk Aircoolers, Main Vent Fans, Conveyors, Pump stations)
- Must have in depth experience on field measurement and control equipment.
- Must have knowledge on networking and associated electronic devices.
- Must have experience on basic communications busses especially ProfiBus/ ProfiNet.
- Must be informed concerning PLC and SCADA systems in particular Siemens PLC’s and WinCC SCADA systems.
- Proven ability in minimising Operational and Business Risk
- Proven ability in engineering risk identification and hazard mitigation
- Knowledge and application of C&I engineering practices
- Knowledge of relevant C&I equipment, systems and processes in area of responsibility
- Must demonstrate quality leadership capabilities through example
- Must demonstrate high level of networking between various disciplines
- Must demonstrate a working understanding and support of Group Policy’s
- Must demonstrate capability of fault finding and trouble shooting
How to Apply
- To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This for must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate Line Manager and Head of Department, failure to do so will render your application invalid.
Who We Are:
Venetia Mine – South Africa
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers, and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
By applying for this job, you provide consent that your personal details, including your fingerprints, can be used to conduct background screening where appropriate. For more information, please visit: https://www.angloamerican.com/site-services/applicant-privacy-notice/applicant-privacy-notice-en
Anglo American/ De Beers Group collects and processes personal data in accordance with the relevant regulations. For more information, please visit: https://www.angloamerican.com/site-services/applicant-privacy-notice/applicant-privacy-notice-en
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.