We have an exciting position for a Contractor Engineer to lead the Plant Maintenance Contractors team to safely ensure plant maintenance contractor management plans and standards to enable Sishen to meet mining plans and objectives.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible
Kumba Iron Ore
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
As a 184.108.40.206 legal appointment in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act, Contractor Engineer you will be responsible for maintenance, management and alignment to Anglo American’s Asset Strategy & Reliability framework of the Plant Maintenance section.
- Consistently apply Safety & Health principles in all team interactions and take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities
- Develop strategy implementation details (tactics and work packages) for work management
- Define discipline inputs (work package details) to Operating Master Schedule
- Define requirements for completing approved work as per Operating Model Planning process
- Develop and adopt measures for work planning quality within the discipline
- Intervene to improve work planning measures that are not stable or capable
- Participate in stakeholder engagements as relevant to discipline and act consistently with sustainability expectations
- Demonstrate effective financial control, budgeting and forecasting over the section.
- Responsibility for effective execution of Stay in Business (SIB) projects of the section.
- Contractor Management
This role is in the Engineering department at a Band 6 level reporting to the Manager AS&R CWS & Plant Maintenance
- Grade 12 Certificate
- A tertiary qualification BSc/BEng/BTech in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
- Government Certificate of Compliance (GCC)
- Drivers License
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in plant maintenance or heavy mining equipment maintenance.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading a team
Who We Are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet, that means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Since safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines have become widely available this year, we have strongly encouraged employees to get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity. However, as vaccines have been proven to be a very effective and safe way of protecting people and reducing Covid-19 transmission, we have now announced our intent to introduce a policy that requires Covid-19 vaccination for access to all sites and offices.
This policy would apply to all new joiners to the company as well as existing employees and contractors. We are in the process of undertaking a comprehensive engagement process with all our stakeholders about our intent. This is so we can tailor our approach in each country, including ensuring what we do is lawful. Once this is complete, we will look to implement the policy. There may be differences in how and when it is implemented due to local context and legal requirements.