- Ensure adherence to fleet safety by all drivers at 30 DCs and branches
- Conduct training on driver safety and provide guidance on processes related to high-jacking and truck recovery
- Work with suppliers and DCs to ensure sound tyre management practices and processes.
- Support DCM’s with reducing Collision Rates KPI.
- Ensure timeous servicing of 512 vehicles for the relevant DCs by planning services (bookings) and ensuring DCs & suppliers adhere to appointments.
- Ensuring Fleet vehicles Roadworthy tests are done timeous and COF certificates are submitted to Fleet Admin 30 days before license expiry.
- Ensure R&M and Tyre quotations are received & processed on Laserfiche within 24 hours to minimise Fleet downtime. Analyse the quotations received from suppliers to ensure that they are fair and give recommendations when cost-saving mechanism is identified.
- Conduct trend analysis on various elements which have a cost implication on the business
- Manage truck rental requests ensuring rental reasons are justified to reduce costs and ensure business continuity.
- Assist in the process of obtaining and completing all necessary documents to get vehicles repaired/replaced.
- Conduct monthly meetings with each of the relevant responsible DC’s to discuss and resolve any fleet related issues. Also provide feedback on previous issues and draw up action plans on current issues with the DC Manager monthly.
- Have weekly discussions with relevant suppliers from relevant DC’s to discuss HHC Checklist issues and draw up action plans to resolve any urgent issues.
- Make sure all DC’s comply with accident policy with regards to vehicles that was involved in accidents. Assist with the completion of any and all documents needed to ensure that vehicles get repaired/replaced as soon as possible.
- During monthly visits make note and report all unreported accidents to the DC Manager and Fleet Admin.
- Have monthly panic button testing at the various DC’s. Make sure all panic buttons work and report non -working panic buttons to relevant supplier to inspect and repair as soon as possible.
- Ensure all Geotab Telematics units in the region are downloading and fully operational. All exceptions to be resolved within 5 days.
- Ensure all OTI Fuel masters units in the region are fully functional and faults resolved within 5 days.
- General office administration with regards to fleet vehicles.
- Provide Fleet Management with weekly Fleet Expenditure reports to track maintenance budgets.
- Maintain MHE records to track deployment, maintenance rosters, downtimes and physical audits
- Implement Safety Program for MHE
- Track Driver Score Card Matrix and raise non-conformance with relevant DCM on corrective action in the form of Driver Trainings
- Highlight driver abuse resulting in increased R&M Spend.
- Track fuel usage and take corrective action any vehicles identified for excess usage.
- Support implementation of new fleet technology to improve safety and efficiency.
- Post Matric qualification or 3 year related tertiary qualification
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the Fleet industry.
- Computer literacy with good knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook
- Good business communication skills on oral and report writing
- To oversee all aspects of vehicle management, including safety, training and maintenance budget. Assign tasks to drivers, DCMs and suppliers ensuring the coordination of safety critical maintenance for the fleet.
- Oversee MHE at CDC and Branches to ensure operational up time by implementing full maintenance program, preventative maintenance, manage all MHE downtime and execute Safety Program developed for MHE
- To manage the conduct of DC’s to ensure that they follow the correct protocol to ensure vehicle, MHE and driver safety.
- Continually monitor the Fleet department’s efficiency and performance and look for ways to improve productivity.
“PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with the Employment Equity Act”