- Permanent Junior position
- Menlyn, Gauteng
- Posted 18 Mar 2022 by Government Employees Medical Scheme
- Expires in 30 days
- Job 2456614
ABOUT THE POSITION
The position of Security Officer is vacant. The Security Officer will report directly to the Security Supervisor and forms part of the Corporate Services Division. The position is based at GEMS Head Office in Pretoria.
The total remuneration package will be R136 823 – R171 028 per annum be based on qualifications and experience.
The closing date for applications will be Friday, 1st April 2022 at 5pm.
The Security Officer will be required to provide support to the Security Supervisor through the implementation of the following Key Performance Areas (KPAs):
- Ensure all persons entering GEMS premises are authorized to remain thereon to a specific period.
- Ensure that visitors and contractors have the necessary identification.
- Record and report all unusual incidence in the occurrence book (OB) and report immediately to Facilities Management, if necessary.
- Report all criminal incidents to Facilities Management.
- Patrol the building interior and exterior at regular intervals as determined by Facilities Management and record such patrols made report.
- Report unusual observation to Facilities Management immediately.
- Ensure that all equipment that is required for security duties is in good working order and any faulty equipment, lights, burst pipe are reported to Facilities Management.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are secured and any abnormalities are recorded and reported to Security Management.
- To monitors and responds to technical security alarms installed.
- Report all vehicles that drive in a reckless manner on premises.
- Maintains good working relations with local law enforcement agencies.
- Ensure that security equipment are safeguarded against theft and misuse.
- Inform the Security Officer Supervisor on any defects identified on equipment.
- Ensure that a high level of security services is maintained throughout Head Office on a daily basis.
- Ensure security standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance to the OHS Act and all other relevant Legislation.
Qualification requirements are:
- NQF Level 4 equivalent/ABET Level 4/Grade 12 qualification and Grade C certification and registered with PSIRA registered and Certified;
- Have a clear criminal record;
- Strong surveillance and observation skills;
- Strong fluent communication;
- Alert, vigilant and calm under pressure;
- Ability to exercise good judgement;
- Knowledge of public safety, security operations and procedures;
- Have the ability to work well as part of a team;
- Be responsible and reliable;
- Have a diligent work ethic with attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Security Equipment
- Alarm Systems