Sappi Southern Africa
Forestry Saiccor Customer Services Centre
Transport Controller ( P12 )
Sappi Forests requires a Transport Controller to track and monitor vehicles on an electronic system, enabling the control of risk and the safety of drivers as well as ensuring client satisfaction through the on-time and in-full delivery of loads. To coordinate and expedite the off-loading of products at delivery points, contributing to the on-time delivery of transportation services and client satisfaction
This role reports to the Transport Officer.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Execute the daily route plan through live/integrated vehicle tracking for all site vehicles against the plan at an optimal level
- Raise and escalate trip deviation against a plan to Transport Officer and ensure that all events are governed by tracking procedure
- Liaise constantly with customers to optimise delivery schedules and lower the transport cost base through the reduction of turnaround times
- Measure on time delivery and turnaround time and reporting of deviations at a customer level on an hourly, daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure that vehicle security procedures are followed
- Communicate all failed deliveries and ensure that a unique reference is issued to the driver to be presented at the point of debrief
- Submit accurate daily reporting for planner prior to routing session to ensure that returns can be optimally included into the next day’s plan
- Monitor and control driver behaviour and improve by managing key driver events and escalate to Transport Officer
- Ensure that the tracking system is accurately maintained to enable management of planned vs. actual routes through the optimisation of customer locations enabling > 96% customer/market order
- Track all vehicles electronically and ensure that all non-tracked vehicles are explained daily
- Capture every trip on relevant platforms i.e. Quartex and MixTelematics
- Re-plan, update, and communicate to relevant stakeholders as trip plans change
- Update, edit and communicate variations and changes on various platforms i.e Quartex and MixTelematics
- Handover daily shift and update to all stakeholders
- Report on detailed variance to the original plan with reasons and action plans
- Log off communications between stakeholders for every shift
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Transport and/or equivalent advantageous
- Up to 5 years’ experience
- Planning experience advantageous
- Fluent in isiZulu and English
- MS Office and a good working knowledge of MS Excel
Closing date: 21 March 2022
At Sappi, we are vaccinated and expect all new employees to be vaccinated when joining our One Sappi family. Show us your support by submitting your vaccine card when applying for our vacancies.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.