Specialist Purchasing – OE (Temp)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
The above position exists in the PUD Commercial Division responsible for OE Parts. The incumbent will be responsible for the functions listed below:
1] Optimum Component and Raw Material Sourcing
- Analyse and create cost estimates
- Develop global understanding and expertise of relevant component sources
- Sourcing to be in line with TSAM preferential suppliers, prioritising BBBEE compliant suppliers
2] Cost Management
- Analyse and create cost estimates to ensure best cost to TSAM incl Benchmarking
- Identification & follow through of manufacturing improvements, cost reduction and localisation ideas/potential
- Regular presentations on Suppliers cost reduction activities as well as plans to achieve targets
3] Project Management
- Creation of detail activity plans, regular follow up & reporting on progress
- Lead cross functionally studies, ensuring project milestone achievement (Cost & timing)
4] Supplier Management, Governance & Administration
- Represent TSAM as the key Commercial window
- Undertake a Project Approach to all Commercial aspects of the Purchasing function
- Utilise broad analytical knowledge in order to prepare Budgets, accruals & other related commercial items
- Ensure all company policies & procedures are adhered to (Compliance)
5] People development & adhoc functions
- Act as mentor/coach to selected individuals ensuring required skill level knowledge transfer
- Support/Act in surrounding posts when required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum NQF 6 (Engineering/Commercial/Supply chain)
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Systems and SAP
- Preferred 3-5 years Purchasing experience (Automotive/Manufacturing)
- Project management experience
- Accurate information gathering and analysis.
- Awareness and commitment to our vision.
- Awareness of situations and decisiveness.
- Communication and sharing of mid to long term plans.
- Creation of innovative vision.
- Establishing framework and systems for organizational review.
- Feedback of evaluation results and long term development of others.
- Strategic re-allocation of resources and review of work methods.
- Suitable assignment and objective performance review.
Closing Date: 08.03.2022