JOB GRADE: B4
Ref No: 995307 / 995308 and 9953015
Security and Facilities Department has vacancies for three (3) Security Officer Grade B within their security division. Applications are invited from people who meet the qualification and experience requirements below.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Contribute to the rendering of an effective, full-time, physical security service, so as to protect Armscor’s personnel and visitors, as well as its assets.
- Conduct access and exit control as required by relevant security point to maintain proper security on the premises and to prevent loss of corporate assets.
- Perform duties at the security point assigned by applying observation, guarding and patrolling in order to enforce effective physical security as instructed and to prevent security breaches.
- Report observed security risks, safety hazards, suspicious objects and persons to the Shift Leader.
- Execute protection functions in accordance with policy and procedures and within the ambit of the law.
- Report incidents to the Shift Leader.
- Apply knowledge of bombs, explosive devices and firearms as necessary and in accordance with procedures.
- Responsible to prevent, contain fire and handle emergency situations as necessary.
- Perform routine security-related admin tasks (completing registers, etc.).
- Conduct searches of goods, vehicles and persons as instructed by the Senior Manager: Infrastructure.
- Exercise company (Armscor) asset loss control.
- Ensure effective use of X-ray and metal detecting equipments.
- Conduct inspections and evaluations and report thereon in writing.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Grade 12.
- Security programme (NQF level 5) or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Security Officer Grade B (PSIRA registered).
- National Key Point qualification.
- Firearm Competency certificate.
- 2 years’ experience in duties and functions of a Security Officer Grade B and control room operations.
- Experience in the handling and operating security equipments.
- VIP Escort and transportation.
- Drivers license
- The following will be an added advantage:
- Advanced driver’s license will be an added advantage and
- Military or SAPS experience.
NB: All applicants must indicate the job title and reference number of the position they are applying for in the subject heading.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a psychometric assessment. In line with Armscor’s commitment to compliance with the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
Send your application to Vacancies@armscor.co.za
The closing date for applications is 07 April 2022. No late applications will be considered.
Enquiries: Thato Khahleli 012 428 2469