- Reference Number : refs/013636
- Directorate : Laundry Aid Level 02
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : R 104 073.00
- Enquiries : Ms A.T. Mathonsi Tel No (012) 318- 6937
- : Minimum qualifications: Grade 10 / ABET level 4 . The ability to count (Basic arithmetic). Twelve (12) months proven experience in a formal clinical or hospital environment. Experience as a Laundry aid in a hospital would be an added advantage. Attach recent stamped motivation from supervisor, School report for the last school grade passed. Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety, Infection prevention and control, Batho Pele Principles. Sound knowledge of linen /laundry equipment / Machinery and laundry detergents. Willing to work shifts, weekend public holiday and night. Be able to work in a team and under pressure. Skills: Communication skills, interpersonal relation skills, time management and strong customer services.
- Provision of clean linen to clinical and non-clinical areas in the hospital. Collection of soiled linen from the clinical and non- clinical areas, sorting, counting, sluicing, washing, drying, folding, packing and delivering of linen on daily basis. Pack linen accordingly in the linen store. Participate in the bi-annual and annual stock taking. Willingness to work more hours and to go extra mile when need arises. Adhere to guidelines and prescripts that guides laundry services. Take any other instructions from the Supervisor. Cope with physical demands of the work individually or in a team.
- Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants, at no cost. People with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be filled on a new Z83 form effective from 1 January 2021 accompanied by a CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above; and Required documents need not be certified when applying for a post, only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR. Applicants who do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to security screening and vetting process Applications received after closing date will not be accepted. The Department reserves the right to not make an appointment. Candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Applications must be submitted to: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X396, Pretoria, 0001. Hand Delivery at Kalafong Security Gate and sign in register book or apply online at www.professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. PLEASE NOTE: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital
Closing Date : 08-04-2022