We are currently interviewing for Security Guards; Security Supervisor and Security Officers
The Security Guard is responsible for Security/Safety rounds and gangway access security. The Security Guard is under the supervision of the Security Officer and Supervisors while acting as the response guard, while on safety rounds or while standing gangway security.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in Physical Security/Military/Law enforcement.
- Previous experience in cruise ship security – preferred
- Knowledge of Physical security and access control
- Valid STCW certificates for this position
- Good communication/social skills
- Strong character
- Solid professional work ethics
- Well-tempered and well mannered
- Must be able to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with sailors and crew members. Ability to read and write English, in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German would be beneficial.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.