YES Programme 2023
What is the YES Programme?
The YES (Youth Employment Service) Programme is a business-led collaboration with government to reduce unemployment by providing youth with an
opportunity to develop new skills and gain meaningful workplace experience, which in turn will significantly improve their chances of finding long-term future
Who can apply for the Nedbank YES Programme?
South African youth who:
• Are between 18 and 29 years old;
• Have a matric qualification;
• Are currently unemployed;
• Are South African-born African, Coloured or Indian citizens in line with the BBBEE Act definition of ‘black people’; and
• Have not participated in a YES Programme with another organisation before.
For How long will Nedbank YES youth be employed?
Nedbank YES youth will be employed for 12 months to gain quality work experience. The YES Programme is not a learnership, internship or apprenticeship
programme. The programme is earmarked to start on 1 May 2023.
How much will Nedbank YES youth earn?
Nedbank YES youth will receive a monthly stipend guided by the YES Programme. A stipend is monetary support to help an individual pay for living, food and